Thursday 18 May 2017

Fancy Folds

I have wanted to create some cards using the tutorials found at Beccy's Place, but haven't had the time to until now.  This is the first one I created - there is another one nearly finished which should make an appearance in the next couple of days!

Here is the front of the card:

The inside of the card:
 
 and underneath the sentiment flap:



I would like to enter my card into these challenges:
Catch The Bug - Fancy Folds
http://catchthebugblog.blogspot.co.nz/2017/05/theme-challenge-at-bugaboo-shake-rattle.html
Creative Craft Cottage - 3 of a kind (glasses on 3rd pic)
http://creativecraftcottage.blogspot.co.nz/2017/05/challenge-87-three-of-kind.html
The Outlawz Friday Challenge - Man's Birthday Card
http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/friday-color/forum/topics/festive-friday-s-challenge-may-12-2017

I have followed a template for a Altered Gatefold Card found at Beccy's Place using blue cardstock.  I added some scrapbook paper to the blue cardstock leaving some of the cardstock showing as a border.  The image is from Bugaboo Stamps and is coloured with copic markers.  The sentiment on the inside is from Bird's Cards.  I also added some sunglasses embellishments to the gift pocket on the layer under the sentiment.  I used offcuts of the base cardstock for matting the pocket and the image.

3 comments:

  1. I love your fancy fold card, Suze! From the outside, it looks like a regular cute card (love the polka dots) and then you open it up, and wow! a big surprise! Love this card!!
    Hugs!
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like cards with hidden parts and surprises. Love this card shape. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool card I love how you did the folds! Thanks for joining Catch the Bug theme challenge good luck! Dawn Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete