Wednesday 13 May 2015

Hello

I felt inspired to create a nature themed card this time inspired by the picture at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.  My colour choice was inspired by the feijoas - particularly as like Kathie I am in New Zealand and am surrounded by feijoas at the moment.  Fortunately, I love them!




I would like to enter my card into these challenges:
Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Sketch
http://sweetsketchwednesday2.blogspot.co.nz/2015/05/sweet-sketch-wednesday-2-with-sketch-53.html
Catch The Bug - In the Garden
http://catchthebugblog.blogspot.co.nz/2015/05/theme-challenge-in-garden.html

I have used some scrapbooking papers that I have had in my stash for a long time.  The image is from Bugaboo Stamps and coloured with copic markers.  I matted with some olive green glitter cardstock from DCWV.  I also used a border strip, some pearls and a pre-made embellishment.

As you can see, I pretty much followed the sketch - just changing the bow for a different embellishment.

4 comments:

  1. You and Kathie have me intrigued about the Feijoas- I have never seen them nor tasted them. Now I want too! LOL. You card is just adorable, love the sweet flowery Hello. Thanks for joining us this week. Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! Love your colors! I'm sure I would love that fruit too! Wish I had a sample from you or Kathie! Thanks for joining us at SSW2!
    Judi SSW2~GDT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of your older supplies, the papers go really well with this garden theme and image. Good luck in in the challenge!
    Pia, Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow - this is beautiful! I love the colours! Thanks for joining us "In the Garden" at the Bugaboo Stamps blog challenge this week. Good luck in the draw :)
    love
    Jen L
    Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete