Thursday 21 August 2014

Splat

I have used my mist sprays to colour ribbon flowers before but not used them to make a background as I have in this card:


I am entering my card into these challenges:
MelJens Designs - Splat
http://meljensdesignsdt.blogspot.co.nz/2014/08/challenge-223-splat.html
Clear It Out Challenge - Anything Goes
http://clearitoutchallenge.blogspot.ca/2014/08/we-have-new-sponsor.html
The Corrosive Challenge - B Unique (Balloon, Button, Bow)
http://corrosivechallengesbyjanet.blogspot.co.nz/2014/08/challenge-206-b-unique.html

I created a background using watercolour paper and Perfect Pearls Mists - Mandarin, Sour Apple, Grape Fizz and Biscotti (sounds like items you'd find in the pantry!!!).  I added some orange satin ribbon and a bow - the ribbon is from Semco.  The image is from Meljens Designs and has been coloured to match the sprays.  The sentiment is from Scribbles By Sandy and I thought it was perfect for this image.  I have also added an orange button from my stash to the centre of the card as it just seemed to need something bright and colourful to break up the pastel colour.  The dies I have used are both Spellbinder dies.

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic!! I LOVE it!! Love the ribbon and matching button! The colors are perfect!! Mists are SO FUN!! LOL Thanks so much for playing along with us at Meljen's Designs!!! Good Luck! I hope I see you again for our next challenge :)

    - Susan, Senior DT Member @ Meljen's Designs
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges

    ReplyDelete