Saturday 19 April 2014

Tropical Isle

This scene looks so relaxing - probably just what I need right now.  I might have to settle for something a little less tropical though!


I am entering my card into the following challenges:
Glitter N Sparkle - Anything But Square
http://glitternsparklechallengeblog.blogspot.co.nz/2014/04/challenge-80.html
Fresh Brewed Designs - Brew of the Month April
http://freshbreweddesigns.blogspot.co.nz/2014/04/april-month-long-choose-your-challenge.html
Fresh Brewed Designs - Blog Candy
http://freshbreweddesigns.blogspot.co.nz/2014/04/april-blog-candy-challenge.html


I have used a background paper from Rosie's Studio for this card.  The image is from Fresh Brewed Designs and is called Peace Be Still.  I have coloured with copic markers.  The sentiment is from Desert Diva.

I was inspired by the sketch at Fresh Brewed Designs although I did miss off a couple of elements (the smaller ribbon strip across the card and also the scallop border).  I had the scallop shape in the background paper so didn't want to compete with that with more scallops!  I have also taken inspiration from the photo - bath = water!

Due to the hectic start I have had this year, I haven't managed to join in on any of the monthly challenges.  I am hoping that this is the turning point for me and that I will be able to join in the May challenge too!

Since I have used a Fresh Brewed Designs image, I am also entering the blog candy challenge:

4 comments:

  1. Hello, Suze. I always enjoy seeing what you've created. This is a lovely scene - so relaxing! Thank you for joining our Anything But a Square challenge over at Glitter n Sparkle. Wishing you the best of luck in our draw! We have a new challenge starting tomorrow, so I hope you come back again.

    KT Fit Kitty
    Glitter n Sparkle DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great place to relax hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh now I want to go on vacation :) What a great card!

    Thanks for joining our monthly challenge here at Fresh Brewed Challenge. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky. I have a great giveaway so don’t forget to join in  Crafting Vicky giveaway post 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay...Vicky took the words right out of my mouth!! Perfect tease for a girl in much need of a vacation!! Thanks for sharing with us at Fresh Brewed Designs "Choose Your Challenge"!!

    ReplyDelete