Tuesday 10 December 2013

Hope your birthday is a blast!

I had fun creating a boy's birthday card for a change:

I am entering the card into the following challenges:
Crafting For All Seasons - Birthday
http://craftingforallseasons.blogspot.co.nz/2013/11/challenge-66-birthdays.html
Musically Challenged - Anything Beatles
http://musicallychallengedchallenge.blogspot.gr/2013/12/challenge-15-anything-beatles-goes.html

I have used paper from a paper pad called Rockstar by DCWV.  The image is from Bugaboo Stamps and is coloured with copic markers.  The sentiment is from Glitterbabe.  I die-cut the sentiment into a star shape to co-ordinate in with the stars on the image.

Usually for the Musically Challenged Challenge, I work from the video.  This time we were given a brief of Anything Beatles so I went with the general feel of the band and the era.

4 comments:

  1. Cute card! I love that image. Thanks for playing along with us at Musically Challenged!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suze! This is SO cute! When I first read that you had chosen to go with the general feel and the era of the Beatles, I wondered how you would accomplish that for our challenge, rather than picking a song. HOWEVER, when I opened your card right up I was stunned! You have SO captured the look, the feel, the essence of the Beatles as they were back in the day when they were on Ed Sullivan. Hmmm you'd have to be old enough to know what I am talking about. It was where they got there big break *it was a TV show, if you didn't know. The glasses, the swag, how he is holding the guitar...all of it is priceless and just SOOOOOO good! I love your coloring, your image, your paper. You really brought it home for our challenge Suze. This is just great. Thanks for coming to Musically Challenged this time and hope to see you again next because you really rock it!!! Soulfully Yours, Samara DT MCC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so very cute! Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card! awesome that you just went with "the Beatles" in general! what a great idea! thanks for joining us at Musically challenged!

    ReplyDelete