Thursday 24 October 2013

Thanks - piano

My teenage daughter has a music exam at the end of this month.  She requires the assistance of a pianist for her exam....so I've made a card for her to give to him:

I am entering the card into the following challenges:
Meljens Designs - Hidden Message
http://meljensdesignsdt.blogspot.co.nz/2013/10/challenge-182-peek-book.html
Brown Sugar - Blue, Grey and White
http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2013/10/challenge-64-blue-gray-and-white.html

I have used a paper from a DCWV matstack for the background - light grey with darker grey stripes.  The images are from Meljens Designs.  Little Piano on the outside of the card and the partly hidden tag uses Thank You Stars.  I have coloured the images using copic markers C0, B97, B95, B05.  I used some blue shimmer cardstock also from DCWV for the matting and then added some white grosgrain ribbon and a brad to the hidden message.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, love the simplicity and the style, very elegant

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this card idea Suze...great way to incorporate a theme and also have a little "thank you" with it. I hope your daughter does well at her piono exam. Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week. Good luck.
    Lynn, DT Member, Brown Sugar Challenge Blog
    http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that the card is tucked inside as a hidden element. Hope she does/did well on her exam.

    Thank you for joining us at Meljen's Designs for our Peek-a-Boo challenge!

    ReplyDelete