Monday 21 October 2013

Cardinal Christmas

I decided to make a Christmas card that wasn't quite so "Christmassy" - if you know what I mean.  No santa hats, no Christmas trees, etc.


I am entering this card into the following challenges:
From the Heart Sketches - Sketch 038
http://fromtheheartstamps.com/community/2013/10/14/i-heart-card-sketches-no-38/
CHNC - Anything Christmas
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/chnc-challenge-extra-for-october.html
PINspirational Challenge - Photo Inspiration (Anything Goes)
http://pinspirationalchallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2013/10/pinspirational-challenge-79.html

I was trying to avoid using the "Anything Goes" option on the PINspirational challenge - but succumbed to it this time!  I like to challenge myself as much as I can!

I have used a couple of Christmas papers from a paper pad by Kaisercraft.  The image is from Delightful Inspirations - From the Heart.  Colouring is with copic markers R59, R46, R05, R02, R29, E35, Y17.  I have used Spellbinders circle and scallop circle dies for die-cutting.  I have also added some olive green mesh ribbon and some olive green grosgrain ribbon.

I was a bit late putting this post together......and forgot to include the sketch:


I either include the sketch when I'm not meant to.......or forget to add it when I am meant to! 




4 comments:

  1. This is a great Christmas card! I enjoy making the non traditional cards myself! That cardinal background paper is just beautiful and compliments your main image beautifully. I'm glad you chose to join in our "Anything Goes" challenge at {Pin}spirational Challenges!
    Tracey F., {Pin}spirational Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the cardinal and the matching DP. Great take with the sektch also.

    Our challenge rule is to add the sketch in your blog post, please remember that next time. Thanks for joining us @ From the Heart Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bird - another super entry for CHNC challenge extra for October x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete