Thursday 1 August 2013

Tonight Tonight

This card gets it's inspiration from the music video for "Tonight Tonight" by The Smashing Pumpkins:


I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Musically Challenged - Tonight Tonight
http://musicallychallengedchallenge.blogspot.gr/2013/07/tonight-tonight-challenge-4.html
Delicious Doodles Challenge - Summer Time
http://deliciousdoodleschallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2013/07/challenge-46-summer-time.html
Kaboodle Doodles - Anything with Ink or Paint (Distress Ink)
http://kaboodledoodles.blogspot.co.nz/2013/07/challenge-182-anything-with-ink-or-paint.html

When I looked at the video, the first impressions I got was Steampunk and Mermaid.  I had thought I would use one or the other and started looking at images.  Then I saw this one by Delicious Doodles which fitted both!  

I have used a paper from Spyder's Corner for the background.  The cogs are die-cut using a Spellbinders die set and some gold cardstock.  I have also added some Distress Ink across them - not completely sure which colour I used but think it could have been Forest Moss.  The image is from Delicious Doodles and is called Steampunk Mermaid.  I have coloured her using copic markers - again not quite sure of the colours I used but I know that the rock she is sitting on is in the W range.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Thank you for playing with us at Musically Challenged!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suze! I'm going to lift one of your cards for the Clearly iStamp challenge, and I'm so exited about it! Going through your blog you've got so many great designs so I find it hard to choose one only! Just my kind of style - not too fussy and lots of great layouts and themes! I can only tell you this much - I'm not going to lift this card. I love it, but I wouldn't know how to make this great background and the Steampunk style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is beautiful! thank you for joining us at Musically Challenged :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job Suze and the steampunk and aquatic visions definitely shine through!

    ReplyDelete