Monday 22 April 2013

Hulkbeth

I usually forget to include the sketch for this challenge in my blog post which I see in the challenge is a requirement!  So, I'm going to add it at the start:


This is the card that I have created for this challenge:

I have more or less followed the sketch as it is with few alterations. 

The card is for the following challenges:
Delightful Inspirations from the Heart - Sketch 14
http://designed2delight.com/blog/2013/04/i-heart-card-sketches-no-14/
Milk Coffee - Welcome Spring
http://milkcoffeechallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2013/04/welcome-spring-challenge.html

The main background paper is some from Create with TLC.  The yellow piece is die-cut using a Spellbinders die from a paper pad by MME.  The image is from Milk Coffee and is called Hulkbeth.  I've actually wanted to use this image on a card for a while but just haven't been able to get it to work for me.  This time, I'm more than happy with the results.  I've matted both the image and the yellow piece with metallic paper.  The flower I've added comes from my stash and I have embellished it with a bit of blue bling.  The ribbons are a purple organza ribbon and a yellow satin ribbon.  Despite being two different textures they worked well together.



3 comments:

  1. This is fantastic, Strong and Feminine all wrapped up in one! Thank you for joining us at Delightful Inspiration {from the heart}!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol.. Oh my... Hulkbeth ^^ Thank you for joining our challenge *hugs* :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for using Hulkbeth. You've given her a bit of a 60's vibe. Great layout and DP too.

    ReplyDelete