Saturday 23 February 2013

Happy Bird Day to You

This is my second GDT spot - this time for Melinda's PaperCrafting World.

My father loves toucans so I thought this image would be fantastic for a birthday card for him:

I have used an image from My PaperCrafting World for this card.  I have coloured it using copic markers and then die-cut with a Spellbinders labels die.  The wording comes with the image so that was a bonus! 

The paper is some from Crafty Bitz and the grosgrain ribbon from American Crafts.

I bought a pack of white feathers a while back thinking they would be useful.  The packet was still unopened but they were perfect for this card.  I added colour to them using Perfect Pearl Mists.  The two colours that I have used are Grape Fizz and Mandarin.

7 comments:

  1. You did a fantastic job on this card. Love the feathers -such a perfect touch. So glad to have you as our guest designer.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card! Great addition with the feather's! Thanks for joining us as guest designer at DDF at My Paper Crafting this week! :)
    Hugs,
    Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Suze what an adorable card! Love the feathers in the back...you know I love to create with feathers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suze, Thanks for coming on as a guest designer over at DDF. This card is just lovely and your Dad will love it too.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suze, great job on this card. Love the feathers. They add great texture to it. Thanks for joining us on the DT at My Paper Crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This toucan is too too cute. LOL I love the coloring and takes me back to the Tiki Room at Dineyland. Great job and thanks for joining us as a guest designer. You rocked it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome card Suze. You do such a great job using and promoting so many artist's digis that it is nice to see you in the limelight too.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete