Wednesday 28 November 2012

Thank You Elf

For some people looking at this card, they may find it a little strange!  I'll explain.  Our school year runs from February to November/December so it is quite normal to give the teachers a Christmas card with a Thank you note inside.  By creating my own cards, I can combine the Christmas Card with a Thank You sentiment on the outside.  I've created a few but they all look very feminine so felt I needed to do a more masculine look - without flowers and lace - for the male teachers!



This card is for the challenges at:
Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Sketch 181
http://sweetsketchwednesday.blogspot.co.nz/2012/11/happy-thanksgiving.html

The sketch for this week is:


I have used some background papers from a Merry Berry paper pack.  The image comes from the challenge sponsor - Digi Stamp Boutique and is called Elf.  I have coloured him using my copic markers and then die-cut with Spellbinders Oval Dies.  The matting comes from a green themed scrap pack.  I wish now that I had got more of these packs at the time as I seem to be using them alot at the moment.

I have also added some dark red glitter tape - just bought another packet of that as it is so effective and so easy to use!  I have also added some sequin stars and a acrylic stamped sentiment.







7 comments:

  1. What a super fun Christmas card, darling image. Happy you could join us at SSW.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to combine both Christmas and Thank you cards. I struggle with making masculine cards. You did a great job with yours. Thanks for joining in the fun over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzie, your card is adorable. And, what a great idea to make your Christmas card a "Thank You" card. Thanks for joining us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Suzie this image is so cute. Love your colours and that glitter tape. This is a great card for a teacher at the end of the year. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous, absolutely fabulous!!! Love your elf and wonderful papers. Oooo, and I must get me some of that glitter tape too, how marvelous! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. So darn cute that elf is! A really great card with pretty papers too. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute Elf and what a great way to thank your child's teachers!! So glad you joined us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
    Blessings to you!!
    Sally SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete