Wednesday 24 October 2012

Christmas Cocoa

I normally try not to create Christmas cards with the Sweet Sketch Wednesday sketch but I found a christmas paper pack that I hadn't opened and then I really wanted to use it:


So for the challenge that can be found following this link:
http://sweetsketchwednesday.blogspot.co.nz/2012/10/sweet-sketch-wednesday-176.html
I have created the above christmas card!
I also found the challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday worked perfectly with the challenge at De Creatieve Zebra so I have entered that one as well.  The link can be found here:
http://decreatievezebra.blogspot.co.nz/2012/10/challange-34.html

The card started from this lovely sketch at Sweet Sketch Wednesday:
I have used background papers from a christmas paper pack called Berry Merry by Jennifer Ellory.  There are six different patterns in the pack and they are all gorgeous.  I have used two of them here.

Rather than use a flower embellishment, I have chosen to add a matching bow to the ribbon across the centre of the card.  This worked perfectly with the anything goes but add a ribbon or bow to your project which was the theme of the challenge at De Creatieve Zebra.  I added both!

The image that I have used is one from Bugaboo called Ted Xmas cocoa.   Such a yummy looking hot cocoa it is too!  I have matted the image and the papers using red cardstock.  I have glitzed up the fur trim with some kindy glitz and added a yellow rhinestone to the end of the hat.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Suze, I'm loving your Christmas card, your image is really cute and your papers are very pretty. I find it hard to get nice Christmas papers. Your bow is a perfect embellishment and looks great. When Arlana has a flower on her sketch for the embellishment you don't have to use a flower, any type of embellishment that suits your card can be used. You'll see sometimes that the DT's don't always use what Arlana has used on the sketch. Embellishments are up to the individuals. I do hope I've made sense. Have you used any of the Pavlova Papers which are made in New Zealand there are some very yummy papers in that collection? Great card and thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely Christmas card!
    Love your traditional colour combination!
    Thanks for joining us at the Creatieve Zebra!
    Regards,
    Jacomijn DCZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! Love that bow and the image is so darn cute. Terrific papers too! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is just adorable. What a sweet stamp did you use.

    Yhanks for joining us at the Creatieve Zebra.

    Hugs Glenda
    DCZ

    ReplyDelete