Sunday 12 August 2012

Summery Christmas Card

This is my latest Christmas Card:



I am entering this card in two challenges:

Catch the Bug - Stella Says Sketch
http://catchthebugblog.blogspot.co.nz/2012/07/stella-says-sketch-challenge-116.html
ABC Christmas Challenges - Paper Piecing
http://abcchristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2012/08/p-for-paper-piecing.html

I am not a huge fan of paper piecing - much too fiddly for me.  But, a challenge isn't a challenge if it doesn't push you out of your comfort zone is it!  So, not to be daunted I accepted the challenge.  In the end, I'm quite pleased with how it turned out although I might not be rushing to do any more paper piecing!

I used an image from Bugaboo called Santa Cane Stocking.  I coloured the skin using copic E000, the beard and hat trim with Kindy Glitz (crystallina), the belt and boots using copic 100 and the remainder is paper pieced using the three background papers.

The background papers come from Raspberry Road Designs - Summer Goodness. You may wonder at the choice of papers but here in New Zealand, Christmas is in summertime and I felt like making a card to reflect that.

The edging on the background pieces has been created using Eyelet Lace Border Punch by Martha Stewart and the ribbon is one from a set of Christmas ribbons I purchased for last Christmas (and never got around to using!!).   The buttons are more from the ones that my Mum gave me in April when my son and I went to visit for the holidays.


6 comments:

  1. What a cute Santa - we need to give him some rich food...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need to feel daunted in the face of paper piecing - this is a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Suze I love your paper piercing, must try that myself,also love your take on the sketch, thanks for joining in the fun over at CTB, glad you liked the image.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is a cute Santa! Love your card! Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Hope to 'see' you next time.
    Love, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card - love the traditional colours!
    Thanks for playing with us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. tehhehe such a cute and fun image GREAT card, Thanks for Playing along with us this time for our Paper Piecing Challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge this time, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete