Tuesday 15 May 2012

Shelly's Images

This one in some ways was an easy challenge but in others quite hard!

http://shellysimagesblog.blogspot.co.nz/2012/05/terrifically-thrilling-thursday_10.html

There were such a lot of images that I could chose from within my stamps that it was quite hard to pick one of the things that made me happy.  It actually made me feel happy realising how many things do make me feel happy (if that makes sense!). 

I went with a BBQ image - when we have a BBQ that is the time that I don't have to do the cooking (and that makes me happy!).


For this card, I have used an image from TLC called Vintage Summer Picnic.  http://createwithtlc-createwithtlc.blogspot.co.nz/ I have cropped it using a Spellbinders Circle die to focus more on the barbecue in the image.  I coloured the image using a range of mainly pastel coloured copic markers with a stronger red to highlight the BBQ.  I have also picked up this red in my matting colours.  The sentiment is one from Desert Diva  http://desertdiva-hannelie.blogspot.co.nz.  The backing paper is from a matt stack I bought a few years ago and hadn't used much until recently.  I cut this using a border die - I think from Spellbinders but it could be a Nellies one (couldn't find the package).  I have added three bright red rhinestones to finish.





1 comment:

  1. This is such a clever creation and you're right ... any time we don't have to cook is a HAPPY TIME!! Thanks so much for joining our "WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
    Darlene
    Shelly's Images DT
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete