Thursday 24 May 2012

Christmas Card Challenges

This week the challenge was to use a provided sketch:

http://christmascardchallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2012/05/2012-christmas-card-challenge-week-25.html

I'm loving this sketch!  It was so fun to use:



Okay, I went about this card in a different way than I usually do!  Normally, I start with the image and work from there.  This time, I started with the papers.  I had to make sure that I had three papers that would work well together.  The green one was a recent purchase - Crafty Bitz.  The other two were from my stash.  Both the two top papers both had starflake type images on them so I wanted to go with a snowman image.  I found this image from Cre8tive Hands called Snowman.  He was perfect for circle cutting.  I then coloured him with copic markers and added some Glossy Accents on the snow for a bit of a 3D look.  To finish, I added some snowflakes.  I bought a whole packet of these snowflakes a while back but not managed to use them much as yet but they were perfect for this card.  I didn't even need to colour them either!  They were the perfect colour already. (If you read some of my other posts you will see that I have a tendency to colour embellishments with my copic markers!!!).

2 comments:

  1. Cute snowman! Thanks for joining the challenge @ CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! Thanks for playing along with us at CCC!

    ReplyDelete